The National Championships take a winter break. We will inform you in time about the next Championship. Get ready for the 2018 Gold panning season.
As you all could read in the previous post, we have a new version of our Competition Rules which were approved in the last WGA.
Please, all goldpanners , take a look at them!
Agenda of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2017 of the World Goldpanning Association ( WGA) are already available on the web.
Great Thanks to all of the attendees at the meeting. Hopefully the meeting was pleasant and answered your expectations.
If you have anything to point out of the meeting or the activities of the WGA , please, do not hesitate to contact the President of the WGA or other Members of the Board.
Arturo Ramella Raimo Repola
President of the WGA Secretary of the WGA
The AGM 2017 took place at on 10th of August 2017 In Moffat, Scotland, Great Britain.
Dear Goldpanners, here are some news we wanted to share after Scotland 2017.
- Results from 2017 WGC are available on our Honor List.
- Here are the Results from WGC 2017 >>>Official Website
- Many pictures on Facebook, public for all.
Beautiful pictures from Jesus Menendez Fernandez
>>>World Goldpanning Championships on Facebook
WORLD CHAMPIONS 2017
1. Ragnar Pau GER
2. Hans Stützinger GER
3. Surprise Mdluli RSA
1. Cecile Thibaude FRA
2. Anette Rosan SWE
3. Thembi Anderson RSA
1. Veikko Keränen FIN
2. Antti Seppala FIN
3. Werner Matti SUI
1. Jouko Korhonnen FIN
2. David Millar CAN
3. Lea Seppala FIN
1. Robin Hartmann GER
2. Zuzanna Michalska POL
3. Zofi Hralova CZE
5 Member Team
3. Austria 5
3 Member Team:
1. Kiwi Team
3. Robin, Uwe und Pit
2 Member Team:
1. Golden & Adventure
- After the AGM, we can announce that Canada will host the World Goldpanning Championship on 2021, congratulations!
Final day here at and these three met on the field! Almost 35 years’ history in one pic, from right to left former Presidents Kauko Launonen and Vincent Thurkettle together with Arturo Ramella. (Source Facebook WGA)
- Our Secretary – Raimo Ripola, was elected for a second mandate.
- Our President – Arturo Ramella, Vice President – Jiri Dukowski, and Treasurer – Eija Orava, are at the beggining of last year of their mandate: Thank you for your hard work in these last 9 years.
- Communication Committee will count with two new members who will help to carry all communication works out: Geraldine Mc Rossan and Christian Wolf. Welcome!
That’s all for the moment!
WGA Board meeting was held in Zlotoryja on day 26.5.2017
Board members decided to organise the meeting at a National event to have
the opportunity to gather with other goldpanners and to keep a lower level
the cost of the meeting for WGA.
Board members really appreciate and give huge thanks to the local
organizing ”Brotherhood of Gold” for help gave in organizing the meeting and
an international level competition event too.
Board members were pleased to participate in competition event and honoured
being part of opening ceremony and initiation rite of new members of
goldpanners’ brotherhood helden on stage right in the town centre of
At SBM the Board handled current issues and items concerning coming Annual
General Meeting (AGM) in Moffat, as follows:
- WGA’s presidents review and vision for next year, the last of the mandate;
- Items concerning Competitions as follows:
– Feedback and reports from World and European Championships;
– Handling of requests to change/review competition rules, from Italy,
France and Great Britain;
– Preliminary discussion about bids to host World/European Championships
on years 2021-2022;
– Updating the members of the Competition Committee.
- Items concerning Communications as follows:
– Updating about the current situation of WGA’s website and solutions;
– Updating the members of the Communication Committee;
– E-mail addresses of WGA officials for future years.
- – Handling the WGA’s current financial situation.
- – Projects for upcoming years.
Board encourages Member Nation associations to add to their activity some
projects to get more young people and families to be in interested in WGA
life, activities, championships. To support this area, WGA has reserved a sum of money every year for their projects. Board is awaiting applications and projects to be financed.
On behalf of WGA Board
Arturo Ramella, President
Raimo Repola, Secretary
A warm welcome to the worldwide home of goldpanning!
As the recognised world network for national Goldpanning Clubs and Associations, the World Goldpanning Association promotes panning and prospecting in a spirit of peace, understanding and fairplay.